Detroit (10-16, 5-8 Horizon)
at Valparaiso (6-20, 2-11 Horizon)
Game #27 - Saturday, February 28 - 1:35 p.m. CT
Athletics-Recreation Center (5,000) - Valparaiso, Ind.
Next Up in Crusader Basketball: The sun sets on another home slate for the Valparaiso women’s basketball team this Saturday afternoon when Detroit makes its annual trip to the ARC. The Crusaders will honor their three seniors (Jessica Carr, Sharon Karungi, Jessica Dill) prior to the 1:35 pm tipoff. Saturday will also serve as the team’s annual Father-Daughter Game. Each daughter in attendance with her father will receive a t-shirt and team-autographed poster.
Last Time Out: Five Crusaders finished in double figures Wednesday night, but seniors Imani Gordon and Cori Coleman boosted Cleveland State to a 77-70 victory over Valpo at the Athletics-Recreation Center. An Abby Dean triple tied the game at 52-52 with 11 minutes to go, but the Vikings responded with a 15-4 run to cruise to the seven-point victory. Jasmyn Walker scored the final two points of the night to secure her fourth straight double-double (11 pts, 13 rebs).
Following the Crusaders: Audio - Valpo Sports Radio Network (WVUR, 95.1 FM, Valparaiso) - Brandon Vickrey (PxP), Renee’ Turpa (Color), Tommy Mantice (Color). Video - ESPN3.com. Links for the audio, video, and live stats are available at ValpoAthletics.com. In addition, ValpoGameday.com is a one-stop shop for live video, stats and social media interaction, all on the same page.
Head Coach Tracey Dorow: Tracey Dorow (23-65) is in her third season at the helm of the Valparaiso women’s basketball program in 2014-15. She collected her 250th career victory on November 14th, 2014 after a 91-57 walloping of Butler. In her first season, Dorow led the Crusaders to eleven victories overall, including five in Horizon League play. Dorow arrived in Valparaiso after 14 seasons at Ferris State. She compiled a 232-163 record while with the Bulldogs. Furthermore, Ferris State posted the #1 grade point average in all of Division II for the 1999-2000 women’s basketball season as well as the #2 ranking in 2002-03.
Series Notes: Detroit leads the all-time series, 12-9. Valpo has won four of the previous five contests after snapping a four-game skid to the Titans in March of 2013. The last meeting between these two teams in the ARC resulted in an 85-44 victory for the Brown and Gold, their most lopsided league win in four years.
- These two teams met in the play-in game of the 2014 Horizon League Tournament.
- Detroit’s Ellisha Crosby (16.8 PPG, 6.1 RPG in league play) missed Thursday’s game versus Wright State due to illness.
- Three different rookies (Darianne Seward, Dani Franklin, Jasmyn Walker) have combined for nine Horizon League Freshman of the Week awards. Each player owns three.
- @ValpoWBB closed out the 2013-14 slate with a 6-25 overall record, 3-13 in the Horizon League.
- @ValpoWBB was picked to finish eighth in the Horizon League in the 2014-15 Preseason Poll.
- @ValpoWBB closed the first half of last season’s home matchup versus Detroit on a 35-2 run.
- @DetroitTitans enter Saturday’s game with a 10-16 record, and a 5-8 mark in Horizon League play.
- @DetroitTitans were the 2013 WBI Champions.
- @DetroitTitans average more fouls per game than any other HL team (15.0).
- Redshirt sophomore Rosanna Reynolds leads @DetroitTitans in scoring with 16.0 PPG.
- Reynolds is shooting 38.2% from beyond the arc this season.
- @DetroitTitans’ Darianne Seward was 5-for-7 (.714) from three-point range versus Valpo earlier this month at Calihan Hall. In 11 games against the rest of the Horizon League, she’s 4-for-21 (.190).
- @DetroitTitans’ Haleigh Ristovski leads the Horizon League and is 17th in the nation in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.5).
- Autumn Rademacher is in her seventh season as head coach.
- A win Saturday would give Rademacher her 100th at Detroit.
- Distributed a career-high 11 assists at Milwaukee (Jan. 21) en route to her second double-double in seven games.
- Tallied career bests in points (22), rebounds (8), and field goals made (8) at SIU-Edwardsville on Dec. 20th.
- Recorded game highs in points (16) and assists (6) to lead Valpo to a 79-61 win versus Tennessee Tech on Nov. 22nd.
- Has finished in double figures in back-to-back games for the first time this season (15 vs. YSU last Saturday, 10 vs. CSU Wednesday).
- Led Valpo in scoring Saturday with 15 points vs. Youngstown State.
- Registered a career-high 21 points (9-11 FG) vs. Butler (Nov. 14).
- Had her first double-double against Purdue-Calumet (Dec. 30).
- Scored 11 points in her Valpo debut vs. Butler (Nov. 14).
- Scored nine points off the bench versus Green Bay (Jan. 29).
- Made her collegiate debut at South Dakota (Dec. 9) and knocked down her first - and only - three-point attempt.
- Accrued 11 points, five boards, four assists, and three steals in just 19 minutes of action at Detroit (Feb. 5th).
- Scored 34 points in a three-game span from Dec. 20th to Jan. 3rd.
- Has made a FG and doled out at least one assist in every game this season.
- Guided Valpo with 17 points on 4-of-5 shooting from three-point range at Northern Illinois (Nov. 20).
- Played Wednesday versus Cleveland State after missing the last two games (injury, bereavement).
- Valpo’s top scorer (12.9 PPG) and best field goal shooter (47.5%).
- Tied for the lead in Horizon League Freshman of the Week awards with three (11/24, 12/15, 2/9).
- Posted her first double-double since 3/1/14 at Wright State (Feb. 7), tallying 10 points and 10 rebounds.
- Returned to form at UIC (Jan. 27) where she scored eight points and squeezed ten boards.
- Has tallied four straight double-doubles and sports seven overall.
- Shooting 52.7% from the field at home compared to 35.9% in road games.
- Leads team in rebounds (7.9 RPG) and blocks (11).
- Tied for the lead in Horizon League Freshman of the Week awards with three (1/5, 1/19, 2/16).
- Owner of two double-doubles this season (Purdue-Calumet, Stetson).
- Set season highs in points (15) and rebounds (11) vs. Purdue-Calumet.
- Out indefinitely (injury).