The #25 Valparaiso University bowling team continued play at the Big Red Invitational in Lincoln, Neb. on Saturday with traditional team games.
How It Happened
- Valpo opened Saturday’s action with a bye, posting a team score of 912 – led by a game of 235 from sophomore Becky Lohse (Chesterton, Ind./Chesterton), the team’s best single-game effort of the day.
- The Crusaders faced their first competition of the day in their second match, dropping a narrow 993-957 decision to #2 McKendree despite a game of 224 from freshman Hannah Forton (Macomb, Mich./Dakota).
- Four of Valpo’s five bowlers posted games of 200 or better in its next match, but it was not enough, as the Crusaders fell 1078-1016 to host #1 Nebraska. Sophomore Morgan Peacha (Henderson, Nev./Foothill) paced the Crusaders with a game of 216.
- Forton registered a team-best game of 195 in a 916-827 victory over Drury for Valpo’s lone win of the day.
- The Crusaders fell in Saturday’s finale to #24 Lincoln Memorial, 885-866. Junior Kendra Tryniski (Fulton, N.Y./Fulton) led Valpo in its final match of the day with a 192 game.
- Lohse posted Valpo’s top average on Saturday, recording a 194.0 average over the day’s five matches.
- Through two days of action, the Crusaders sit in eighth place in the 10-team field – just 100 pins out of fifth.
Valpo (43-39) closes out the Big Red Invitational on Sunday morning.