The Valparaiso University women’s tennis team fell to Bradley 7-0 on Sunday afternoon in Peoria, Ill. The Braves upped their record to 7-4, while the Crusaders fell to 0-8 this season.
How It Happened
- Kathleen Hebble (Sellersburg, Ind. / Silver Creek) and Paige Heuer (Munster, Ind. / Munster) kept it close at No. 1 doubles, but came out on the losing end of a 6-4 match.
- Valpo also dropped its match at No. 2 doubles 6-4, as Jordan Kopfer (Eagan, Minn. / Eastview) and Meg Modesto (Chesterton, Ind. / Chesterton) lost to Ariel Dechter and Aimee Manfredo.
- The closest singles sets came at No. 1 and No. 4 singles. Hebble’s second set was 6-4 after a 6-1 first against Dechter, while Kopfer had identical set scores in her match against Natalie Barbery.
- The match-clinching team point occurred at No. 2 singles, where Heuer lost to Alejandra de Lasa 6-2, 6-0.
- The last court in action was No. 3 singles, as Modesto put up a fight before succumbing to Barbery 6-1, 6-3.
The Crusaders head to California for spring break. The first match of the trip is slated to occur at 5 p.m. CT on Friday, as Valpo takes on California Lutheran.