Senior Randi Wind (Park Ridge, Ill. / Maine South) came away victorious on Sunday afternoon to mark a bright spot in the Valparaiso University women’s tennis match at Western Michigan. The host Broncos earned a 6-1 victory.
How It Happened
- Wind’s triumph came at fourth singles, where she recovered from a 3-6 loss in the opening set to take the next two sets 7-5, 10-6.
- Isabella Schoolcraft (Bargersville, Ind. / Center Grove) also went to a third set, going the distance for the second straight day. She came up short against Kristina Tiraspolsky at third singles 4-6, 6-1, 10-6.
- Western Michigan took the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 5 singles matches in straight sets, while the Broncos (8-4) won No. 6 singles by forfeit.
- Western Michigan picked up wins at second and third doubles, while first doubles went unfinished.
Inside the Match
- Wind boosted her record to 8-8 on the season and 5-5 in dual matches. She has captured four wins in a row, with three of them coming in three-set battles.
- Wind is up to 31 career singles victories. The mark needed to crack the Top 10 in school history is 38.
The spring break trip is next on the docket as Valpo makes its way to the Sunshine State. The first match in Florida will occur on Tuesday, March 5 at Tampa at 2 p.m. CT.